Friday, October 8, 2010

NEW THINGS

Thursdays I normally run with Pigeon. That was our Thursday thing . . . now I have a new Thursday thing. It is called work.  I love it. Every Thursday evening, after my "day job" I will be heading out to my new job and every Saturday afternoon I will also be working. It will take a little getting used to and involve a little creativity to get runs in, hang with the Peanut and Vans and still work but so far so good.

Not running yesterday was hard but I am okay with it. The ankle swelling is slowly getting better.

I also tried this new drink yesterday that I received as a free gift from something I ordered online once.


It wasn't too bad. It is Premium Nutrition's Pro 2 0 protein drink mix (mandarin orange flavor). The stats are not too bad either, 25 calories, 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of sugar. It has Whey Protein Isolate in it and you just mix with water. Not too shabby. Just another way for me to get more water into my system and some additional protein . . . I am a vegetarian so getting some extra protein is always good for me. I have no idea how much it costs but I'd try it again. Since it was a free gift it was even better.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to waking at the crack of dawn to get a few miles in with Pigeon before heading off to another day of work. Sunday is another pumpkin festival so I suspect this weekend will fly by in the blink of an eye . . . hopefully not.

When I arrived home from work last night I got the biggest greeting and hug from the Peanut. I missed not seeing her adorable face all day yesterday. That will probably be the hardest part about this "working more thing" but it also means I get bigger hugs and kisses when I get home!

She also had a great evening with Vans so this will be good for them as well.



2 comments:

  1. Keep squeezing those runs in. Free drinks (or food) always taste good. Okay maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your weekend last at least 3 blinks :)

    ReplyDelete