Thursday, October 28, 2010

COUSIN IT

Today I look like this:

Cousin It

I haven't written too much about it but back in February while I was training for Way Too Cool 50K and American River 50 I started getting this weird rash around my eyes. It didn't itch, it didn't hurt but it looked horrible. Over the months it has gotten worse and worse.

At first the doctors suspected poison oak since I was out trail running a lot and a few others on my team had also contact poison oak. But after months of creams it never went away. They shipped me off to a dermatologist who decided that I need to cut out all facial creams and make up (boy was I upset). Fine. I did that for almost a month and a half. It was scary but I also became accustom to not putting on any make up in the morning. It saved me some time.

Alas, the rash never went away and continued to get worse. About a month ago, they put me on a dosage of Prednisone (a terrible strong steroid). Three weeks on that and nothing changed (except some weight gain and some irritability).

Here comes the end of October and I am tired of trying all these "magic potions" that are not working. The final straw was a biopsy. So yesterday evening I had a biopsy done near my eye which produced a lot of blood and left me with two ugly stitches and a gnarly band aid covering the corner of my eye. Hence, Cousin It. I am wearing my hair in Cousin It fashion today to hide my bandage. Maybe I'll start a new trend.

The Peanut of course loves band aids and was super concerned when I came home with one last night. She thinks I need a Curious George band aid.


PS: Thank you to all those who commented on my last post. We are super excited but of course I spoke too soon . . . our moving date has been pushed back to the 19th of November instead of the 11th. Some construction issues have come up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I hope the biopsy gives you some answers.

    So does this mean Thanksgiving is not at your house? J/K

    The Peanut like always is very cute!

    ReplyDelete