Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LAKE TAHOE IN PHOTOS

Last weekend we went to South Lake Tahoe with friends. We rented a house for 3 days and 2 nights. Though I prefer the northern shores of Lake Tahoe, you can't deny the beauty of the lake no matter where you are. Not to mention the wonderful crisp mountain air.

The view from our deck.

Look Momma! A creek!

We went to The Beacon Bar & Grill on Saturday for lunch and to hang out on the beach and let the kids play.

Who needs a playground when you
 have paddle boats to climb on?

Vans enjoyed taking some great pictures of the sky.

We even attempted a group photo but
a certain little Peanut was having none of it.

Hey waiter can I get one of these please!?
Mmm, Mimosas on the deck. Lovely.

In the evenings we would cook at the house and just hang around watching the kids play/fight/cry. The Peanut and Little REI rekindled their friendship since it had been some time between playdates.

True friendship.

On Sunday we cleaned up, checked out and stopped in El Dorado Hills to watch the Tour of California. The Peanut really enjoyed seeing this.

All smiles because the cop cars were blinking their lights!

Here come the leaders!

The Peanut and I watch on as the Pelaton flies by us!

In exciting running news today, some of my Fleet Feet crew are getting together tonight for a group run. Van's mountain biking is on hold tonight which leaves me with an open Wednesday evening to meet up with Captain Kirk, Wonder Woman and Coach Nikon. I have no idea who else from the group will be joining us and the skies are threatening a bit of rain but that's nothing for our little group. I am excited to see everyone and get in a few miles. The Western States Training run is quickly approaching.

The Peanut is just too cool for school.


4 comments:

  1. soooooooooo jealous. We went on our honeymoon there and I have been dying to get back there ever since! [almost 12 years now]. Maybe by 15?!

    excellent photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! What awesome pictures looks like a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tahoe is absolutely wonderful. We are planning on going there in a couple of weeks, probably north shore. After seeing your pictures I'll make sure nothing will mess up our plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emz: I was engaged and married in Lake Tahoe. It always holds a special place in my heart.

    Lindsay: Thanks!I just peeked at your blog too! Impressive!

    Ewa: Oh enjoy your time in Tahoe!! North Shore is gorgeous! You'll have great weather!

    ReplyDelete