Thursday, May 13, 2010

GO DADDY GO

Last night the Peanut and I drove out to Prairie City to watch Vans in his mountain bike race. It was a LONG drive up there with a lot of crying involved. Myself and the Peanut. Ah, 2 year olds, gotta love 'em right?

We arrived safe and sound and found Vans. Kisses and hugs all around. He left for his race which involves laps on a crazy manmade course. This is kind of cool because we got to see him about 3 times at various spots because he passed us. The Peanut got very into it, cheering and clapping and shouting.

These races are really impressive. You would never see me out there. There are all kinds of groups. Kids of various levels, women of various levels, men of various levels and even TANDEM MOUNTAIN BIKES! Yup, two people on one bike doing these crazy courses. No thank you! It was pretty warm last night and a lot of the riders looked like they were struggling. Not Vans, he looked great and mighty cute in his mountain biking gear.



Of course I am a complete moron and forgot my camera and therefore only have a few iphone photos to share.





Because I decided to post some video, I have to use the crappy old blogger format. So hopefully this works out otherwise I am a lame trailmomma today.

Speaking of trails . . . (like that seque?) tonight is the Folsom Lake Trail Runner Series Race #4 out at Negro Bar. I had a much better night sleep compared to last week so hopefully I'll have some juice tonight and not feel as crappy as I did last week.

Yesterday's lunch time run was just okay. It felt good to get out and sort the thoughts swirling through my head.

Many of those thoughts were of this little Peanut . . . and it reminded me how lucky I am to have her in my life. 2 year old tantrums and all.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that last picture is so cute. She looks tiny, petite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video.
    Ah, gotta love the 2 yr old tantrums. Almost as good as my 44 year old tantrums - LOL

    ReplyDelete