Tuesday, December 28, 2010

PATIENCE WHERE ARE YOU

Single Track Junkie wrote a good post about patience and how so many of us lack this in our lives. She is lacking the patience to heal fully and not be running as fast as she used to. Understandable. I'd be upset and feel the same way if I was in her shoes. Pigeon wrote a post about not running as much as she'd like due to a busy work schedule and an exhausted body. Patience is what is she is trying to practice knowing full well her time to run will come.

I too am lacking patience these days or maybe I am just tired of being patient while Vans continues to have a difficult time with our recent move and new home. I have never seen someone so miserable, depressed and angry when they should be happy, excited and embracing the new home we have to decorate and grow in.

I support any decision he makes, as the wife that is my job. However I hate to see him this way day in and day out. Questioning our move on a daily basis but other than pack up and sell the place, I don't know what else I can do make him realize that he needs to be patient AND open minded. But that isn't his style. Never was.

I truly hope 2011 brings him some happiness and comfort but some how I don't think it will. He's a worrier, always has been and always will be.

I was always a positive person. The glass was always half full to me, never half empty. I like to think that is what attracted Vans to me (or maybe it was my NJ background ha) but sadly I can tell my outlook on things has changed. Try as I might to not let it, sometimes I think things just rub off unintentionally.

I just hope it doesn't rub off on this beautiful girl. She is the one constant in our lives that can make us smile at any given moment.


I think my New Years Resolution is going to be find that elusive patience once again and work on keeping my glass half full. Always.

No comments: