Thursday, December 16, 2010

HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS

I am not even going to mention the words "running" or "elliptical" in this post because well, I am pathetic and haven't been able to accomplish much of either. Something has to change but I have not figured out what or how yet and it has me really really down.

But instead of dwelling on that negative boo haa haa, let me post some more happy and holiday like stuff. In our new neighborhood we discovered that Santa drives through certain neighborhoods with a million "elves" collecting canned goods and unwrapped toys for those less privileged.

Vans, the Peanut and I ran out after arriving home from work last night in hopes of trying to catch the big man himself. We were told that Santa was supposed to drive by in a fire truck and then stop and greet the kids. I had ONE minor issue with this plan however . . . this would be the SECOND time we've seen Santa arrive in a FIRE TRUCK! Now tell me in what story do you read "When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a miniature FIRE TRUCK and eight tiny reindeer" come on!

So I was skeptical Scrooge while standing in the freezing cold with a bunch of other EDH residents and mobs of kids. However, my skepticism was put aside when Santa finally arrived . . .


Check that out! Santa's in a sleigh!
ON TOP of a fire truck!

I was impressed. I was also impressed with the hundreds of elves that came bouncing out of no where with about a billion candy canes! They were handing them out to everyone parents and kids. It was pretty exciting. There were flashing lights and horn players playing Christmas music. Even KCRA Channel 3 came out and did a live shot. Very neat.

The Peanut was a bit overwhelmed and definitely not a fan of the man dressed in the Grinch mask but she was super excited. Mrs. Claus said hello to her and then later we got this shot:

Hi Santa!

The Peanut was smiling ear to ear and sticky from head to toe with candy cane goodness. That would be 3 times already that she has met Santa this December. If this keeps up she might get skeptical as to how he can make all those toys AND do his media circuit at the same time.

I also give props to the EDH Fire Department for making Santa's arrival one sweet ride!







1 comment:

  1. I heard all of the commotion from this. Santa doesn't visit our portion of EDH, we live on the "other side" of EDH Blvd. We've never been graced with his presence, at least not on a fire truck :). But I must say when I heard all of the sirens and horns I wasn't sure what was going on, then I figured it out when I stepped outside and heard the music playing loudly right along with those sirens and horns. I could actually see the all the lights from my balcony, but my view was obscured with all the awesome oaks we have in EDH.

    I'm so glad that the Peanut got to see Santa. That is so cool.

    Merry Christmas

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete