Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RACE MEDAL

Yesterday I pulled a double. I ran 3.5 at lunch and then ran another 6 after work. I haven't done that since I was in my twenties! Defintely feeling it in my joints today but otherwise it felt good. I was testing out a theory that if I ran Thursdays at lunch before my Folsom Lake Trail Runner Race would my legs have more "juice" to them then they normally do on Thursday evenings? The end result was "probably not" as my evening run was some what of a struggle. Although, that could have been the 100 degree temps I was running in too. Ugh, summer is upon us.

As promised, here is a video of a future marathoner! She always has her eye on the prize!



Here's a little translation for you. Mothers and Fathers can always understand their children but I realize not everyone else can. :-)

"I'm fast"
"This is my race medal"
"This is my . . . "
"Is your race medal?" --> notice this is a question, based upon her hand gesture!
"This is my medal!"
"Have to go race!"
"Have to go run a race again!"
"Why"

5 comments:

  1. Way too cute! Race contender in the making!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I can't wait until my little guy understands racing and the medals that go along with them, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is so freakin cute! and she looks fast! :) We've got to get her and my daughter together maybe at one of the FLTRS races and they can run race together. Morgan is always wanting to "Run Race" too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon! Thanks, she's a spit fire too!

    AshleyR Thanks for commenting! Great job on your runs lately!

    MikeL Isn't this age the best? I can do without the tantrums but when she wants to 'run a race' I just melt! I'll be out there this week at FLTRS but not next week for the last race. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Lord, I didn't think she could get any cuter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete