Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NEW THINGS OLD THINGS

Well isn't this a boring blog lately? Sheesh. Maybe I should sign up for an ultra or something.

I have been running, well, once this week. Yesterday I went for a 4 mile run. My legs felt like lead but I got the job done and am looking forward to cruising in my half-marathon on Saturday. Nothing too risky like a PR. I think I would just like to finish and finish strong. It's been a very long time since I have run 13.1 miles on pavement. Easy does it. My running/racing past was full of road races. My how times have changed. I look forward to getting back to it though. One painful step at a time.

New things? The Peanut attended her first ever baseball game! The Peanut and Baby REI saw the Sacramento River Cats (Triple A) play over the weekend. The Peanut surprised me by knowing the words to "Take Me Out To The Ball Game!" She had corndogs and saw her first ever professional fireworks display. She loved it all. Her mother is a huge baseball fan (Go Yankees) and baseball has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My father made me memorize all the American League teams and we'd sit for hours on our deck watching Don Mattingly and Bernie Williams kick some baseball butt. I truly love baseball which is funny because the first time I took Vans to see the River Cats he referred to the Bull Pen as the "Pig Pen" . . . he still has a lot to learn but he is doing much better.

Needless to say, there will be many mother and daughter outtings to River Cats and Yankee games when they come to down or when we head back east. I'll teacher her how to do a score card and how to heckle other batters. When she is of age, we'll drink beers and eat ballpark food. I can hardly wait!

Corn dog!

Great seats and good friends.

Momma's little shortstop!



No comments:

Post a Comment