Tuesday, October 4, 2011

SCENES FROM VACATION

One week from today I return to work. My maternity leave has flown by so quickly. I've been home since June 1st. I am so happy to be spending my last week in Tahoe with my family. The weather has taken a turn ... high winds, rain and snow on the mountain tops. Here are some scenes from earlier in the week ...

On Sunday we went to Northstar to watch Sarcasm race in a mountain bike race. When we got back, the Peanut and Vans went for a hike while Squeaker and I headed to the grocery store to stock up on goodies for the week.

On the trail.

Crossing streams.

Loving nature.

On Monday Vans went for a mountain bike ride ... so the Peanut, Squeaker and I headed over to the village to wander around. The Peanut also enjoyed her first ever kid's low sugar soy hot chocolate.

Yum!

Van's and Squeaker also had some bonding time ...


On Tuesday I woke up and hit the trail for a 5 mile run to bring you some photos of what you'll see if you do Big Blue Adventure's Oktoberfest Trail Run ... like I did on Saturday.

You'll run by this amazing soccer/lacrosse field.

Towards beautiful Squaw Valley

After my run we packed up the girls and headed to Tahoe City. That is when the weather started changing.

Brrrr it is cold!

Even Squeaker was a bit chilly.

Squeaker could not take her eyes off the lake. She was mesmerized. What can I say, it runs in her blood.

The rest of the week is supposed to bring some crazy cold temps, snow, rain and high winds. I think tomorrow we might be headed to Incline for something fun and new for the Peanut. It should be pretty entertaining so stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment