Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SISTERS

The summer is slowly winding down. I cannot believe it is August already and that Squeaker will be 2 months old ... in a few weeks. My maternity leave seems to be flying by and I don't feel as if I have accomplished anything even though there is nothing "to" accomplish when on maternity leave other than to nurse and love a growing baby. Which I am doing, quite well actually. Squeaker is growing like a weed. She is seven weeks old (last Sunday) and someone commented to me that she seems "bigger" than her seven weeks. Although size doesn't matter to me, her demeanor definitely seems older than seven weeks. She has been smiling since 4 weeks. Rolling since 4 weeks (although not often) and cooing up a storm. I am waiting with bated breath for her giggles. Nothing makes me happier than hearing infant (and toddler) laughter. Music to my ears.

The Peanut is still not overly impressed with Squeaker. She shows interest in her when I am knee deep in diapers or fussing periods but overall, Squeaker is still this little person taking up mommy's time, especially at night. Still, she does love her. I can tell.

I never had a sister but I always wanted one. There was also something special that I noticed between sisters and I envied that. That bond that exists and continues into adulthood is something I cannot wait to see between my two girls. I am so thankful I was gifted with two beautiful girls and I look forward to watching their relationship blossom through the years.





Sisters. Forever.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!
    -Pigeon-

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are precious. I ahve always wanted a sister too. This post made me teary. xxoo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are priceless-especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete