Thursday, October 22, 2009

Portland bound

Today Vans, the Peanut and myself leave for Portland. I am very excited. I have never been and Oregon is the home of Prefontaine!! Okay, there other reasons I am excited to go to Portland but that, I admit, is one of the major ones.


While we're in Portland I am going to run the Portland Run Like Hell Half Marathon Yes, another half marathon. Just like the NIKE Womens half however, I am going to start this race and just see how I feel to determine if I even want to try and "race" or if I will just run with the crowd and use it as a chance to see parts of the city. I am very excited despite the predicted weather forcast for Portland this weekend.
Which is
with a chance of

Ah well. It IS the Pacific North West right? What did I expect traveling to Portland at the end of October.

I am ALSO very excited to visit New Cascadia Traditional Gluten Free Bakery in downtown Portland. Rumor has it they sell Gluten Free HOT PRETZELS!!! Of all the gluteny items that I have given up in life, the hot pretzel is the one I miss the most. Yankee Stadium has the worlds best hot pretzels cooked on coals on a grill outside the stadium. Nothing can compare. However, I will do my due diligence and check this place out and do a taste comparision. I mean, it is the least I can do right?

So hopefully I'll have a great race report to post when we return to California next week. We don't get back until late Monday and most likely I'll be spending all day Tuesday trying to catch up at work. But until then, Portland here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment