Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Happy Mother's Day to all my favorite moms and mom bloggers out there. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I know my weekend so far, has been pretty great.

For me, it started on Friday with a "tea party" at the Peanut's school for moms. She was super excited to see me and give me her mommy day gift.

a card

that says: "I love you THIS much"
with her hand prints inside

and with a removable magnet of my smiling Peanut!

This just melted my heart. What a cute idea. Thank you Peanut!

After having tea with my Peanut, I met some girlfriends at the movies in Folsom for a little girl get-together/celebrate Trailbaby's future arrival. They surprised me with some great new mom stuff, frozen yogurt and a two hour movie with Bradley Cooper! We saw Limitless which I really enjoyed.

Saturday I woke up early and squeezed in a 3 mile hilly walk all by myself. I needed it. When I got home I had to get ready to work. Work was fun. I enjoy the crew I work with and best of all, Vans said I could do a little "mother's day" shopping for me (and him) since my working days are limited with Trailbaby on its way.

While I was busy working Vans and the Peanut were off on their own adventures. Old Town Folsom had some celebrations going on and the Peanut and Vans went to check it out.

first stop, the train!

The Peanut has been eyeing the Light Rail trains for a while now so Vans decided to take her on a quick ride. She loved it.

The next stop was Old Town Folsom where they were celebrating and had a Johnny Cash tribute band playing (among other things). Both the Peanut and Vans enjoyed this.

Stuck in Folsom Prison!

Vans tried to exhaust the Peanut with all this afternoon activity but it was no use. A nap was not in her future yesterday.

Saturday evening we had a nice dinner (take out, score) and watched a movie. Just the kind of evening I really enjoy.

Today Vans raced out to the store (while the Peanut slept in) and brought home roses and coffee and some breakfast treats for me. I love relaxing Sunday mornings like this. Later we have to hit the pool for the Peanut and then might check out the local wine fest El Dorado Hills is having. Fun!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Mother's Day!

HAPPY MOMMA'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment